Saturday, October 1, 2022

Detective and Policeman



 

In June 2019, my wife and I had a traffic accident. My wife stopped our car in front of a red light. A small truck bumped us from behind without braking.

We were somewhat lucky to come out of it with only slight injuries. The other party in the accident were unhurt, but our precious car, which had been bought to commemorate our marriage, became scrap.

We weren’t responsible for this accident, but we needed to talk to the policemen for a long time. A policeman asked me to visit the police station for procedure the next day.

The next day, I visited the police station. A man in a suit handled the procedure, but I recognized him. He was one of the policemen who had come to the site. I was surprised.

I watch detective dramas on TV. I assumed that policemen always wear their uniforms and that detectives wear suits. However, it doesn’t seem to be as simple as that.

I checked the internet, but I couldn’t get enough information about it. I guess a policeman wears his uniform when he needs to work as a policeman. When the policeman does desk work inside a police station, he may wear a suit. It is also possible that a detective was disguised as a policeman to handle our accident.

Dear friends, drive safe!

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by SIF

No comments:

Post a Comment