Saturday, September 24, 2022

Young Media Is Naughty


 

I love social media. Sometimes it causes problems. Some countries control it strictly. I can’t say it is completely good or completely bad. Some people use social media for crime, terrorism, and propaganda.

I think most new media is naughty. Outlaws tend to love new things because they hate the old ones that kicked them out. New media always develops without rules at its dawn. In a lawless world, the naughtiest people win.

I was born in 1970. There was a TV at home when I was baby, so I watched TV every day as a child. Japanese TV programs were naughty in those days. They were full of violence and dirty topics. Fishy fortune tellers and fake scholars showed up and told lies. TV was young media. It was naughty.

Today, TV has grown up. I can even recommend that children watch TV. Ironically, young Japanese people tend not to watch TV.

I believe theater is ancient media. According to my studies, it also had naughty periods. In the 18th century, the British government tried to control theaters strictly. It closed almost all theaters in England temporarily. In Japan, in the Edo period, the Japanese government tried to control Kabuki theater strictly. The two governments’ reasons were similar. I think theatre was too naughty in both Japan and Britain.

Social media is still young. It will cause many problems in the future. But I believe it will grow up. Someday it will be one of the peaceful forms of media. Ironically, in the future, young people will not be interested in social media.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by TopVectors

No comments:

Post a Comment