Saturday, July 24, 2021

Life Sentence

 


 

When I was in my forties, a friend of mine who had been nice to me in our twenties passed away. I was shocked I had lost a friend who was the same age.

I planned a farewell party with the people who were my good friends twenty years ago, but I found it difficult to gather all those old friends. Basically, our forties were busy. Furthermore, some people insisted on this idea: “If he comes, I can’t participate.” I don’t know what their problem was, but it was almost twenty years ago!

I told this story to an old lady who was eighty years old. I expected a mature adult laugh at the story, but she answered seriously, “The same things are happening among us.”

The problems that arise in a person’s twenties could be a lifetime sentence. I myself also have some old acquaintances I don’t want to meet, though we were good friends in our twenties.

Our twenties can be the most difficult time in our life.

Picture by KEN-KEN

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com


No comments:

Post a Comment