Saturday, July 3, 2021

Full Metal Condor Heroes

 


 In 2017, I met a student from Hong Kong at a theatrical event.

 There was a magical topic whenever we talked with Chinese people: the novelist Jing Yong. His masterpiece The Legend of the Condor Heroes was very popular. There are many films based on it. It is said that all Chinese people know about it. I have read the Japanese version and watched the films.

I assumed I could talk to her about it, but she said, “Oh! I have heard the title. But I haven’t read the book and haven’t seen the films.”

I was shocked.

She said, “My favorite product is Japanese Full Metal Alchemist. Let’s talk about it.”

I was even more shocked. I have actually heard the title, but I haven’t read the comics and haven’t seen the animations. I assumed that it might be for younger generations.

 Then I read the comics. It was very interesting. A masterpiece is attractive for any generation.

 When I was a student, my professor told me, “If you want to work for an international project, first of all, you need to know your own country.”

 He was right.

 I will study new Japanese manga, games, and animations for international projects.

 It will be fun!

Picture by drawlab19

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment