Saturday, July 10, 2021

Superstar

 


 

A few years ago, I passed out at home. My wife called an ambulance, and I was admitted to a hospital. I was in the intensive care unit. I was completely unconscious for a week. Sometime the next week, I regained consciousness. I had a narrow escape.

The doctors and nurses had called me. I had heard them calling my name in my dim consciousness. People really paid attention to me. When I was young, I had been a part-time actor and a part-time teacher. I had never been given attention by audiences and students like that. It was as if I was a superstar.

I gradually recovered. I became able to sit up; I became able to stand up. Everyone cheered me on. But when I recovered and I could walk around, I felt kind of lonesome. No one cheered me on. No one paid attention to me anymore. I was not a superstar anymore.

When I was a child, I wanted to become a superstar. At least, I can think my dream came true in a way. Even real superstars are treated as superstars for only a short period. A superstar might feel as lonesome as I did when they are no longer a superstar.

Dear friends, be healthy. Don’t become a superstar like me.

Picture by DrawShop

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

 


No comments:

Post a Comment