Saturday, January 30, 2021

Talking to a Mirror

 



 

 A person suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, at some point, loses their understanding of what a mirror is. Some of them would start talking to it.

 My mother had this symptom. She talked to a mirror.

 One day, after making dinner, I told her, “Please come here.”

My mother spoke to the mirror. “He says, ‘Please come here.’”

Then she was waiting for her reflection to come out of the mirror. She wanted to eat dinner with the person on the other side. She was very kind to her reflection.

 I heard it is not a common symptom, and some patients don’t show it.

 In my mother’s case, she always enjoyed talking to a mirror. It was not a problem. The mirror took care of her, and I could rest for a while. But in some cases, the patient might start a fight with the mirror. The mirror could break, and the patient could get injured. It could be a problem.

 I guess the most famous person who talked to a mirror could be the mother-in-law of Snow White. I suspect she was an Alzheimer’s patient.

 The magic looking-glass started to be partial to Snow White. The mother-in-law planned to kill Snow White.

 I wish the mother-in-law fought with the mirror and broke it. She might get injured. But it could be the best happy ending.

Picture by yopinco

No comments:

Post a Comment