Friday, January 1, 2021

Hunter

 



             When I was a student, many universities built campuses in the suburbs. I entered one of these universities.

              One day I took a walk outside of the university. I met two hunters. Each of them had a hunting dog and a hunting gun. That was the first time I had met a hunter. I said hello.

              One of the hunters gladly told me, “Today the pheasant hunting season opened.”

              I continued to walk for a while. I found a signboard that said, “Dear hunters, don’t open fire around here.” That might have been a great location for a university.

              Thirty years have passed now. I visited the university last year. I was surprised by the change of surroundings. There were many high-rise buildings. There used to be fields. I can’t meet hunters here anymore.

Picture by Igor Sapozhkov

No comments:

Post a Comment