Friday, September 23, 2016

My father’s fishing rods


 
 
 
 
 
 
My father passed away two years ago. His hobby was fishing.

 I love to eat fish but I am not interested in fishing. My father’s fishing tackle was left to me.

 My wife is from the next town to my own. Her parents still live in the town. They helped me when my father needed care.

My wife’s mother asked me:

“May I have your father’s fishing rods? I want use the rods as fences in my garden.”

My mother-in-law’s hobby was vegetable gardening in her garden. I gave her the fishing rods. My father’s fishing rods started a new life in the garden.

 

 A few weeks later, a gentleman who was familiar with fishing looked at the fences in my mother-in-law’s garden. He was shocked by the fishing rods.

“Madam! You shouldn’t use such valuable fishing rods like this!”

 Actually, I had not known that good fishing rods are so expensive. Some of their prices know no limit. Some fishermen can tell.

 Dad! You spent tons of money on those? You had a profitable job in a profitable era. You lived a modest life. But now I know why the savings you left in the banks were so small!

 My mother-in-law sometime gives me vegetables from her garden. They taste so great! It’s because the fences are so special!

 

Photo by voyata
 

No comments:

Post a Comment