Saturday, September 10, 2016

Hiding identity and drinking alcohol


 When I studied at university as a graduate student, one of the professors took me a bar. A barmaid asked the professor:

“What do you do for a living?”

He answered:

“I work at a university as a clerk.”

I was surprised. He had lied. He was a professor. I was an economically poor graduate student. Actually, he was buying my drink so I also told the same lie to the barmaid.

 One of my childhood friends was a government officer. He worked in central government agencies. When I went to Tokyo, we visited a bar. Before we entered the bar, he seriously asked me.

“Never mention I am a government officer in the bar.”

 I don’t know why the professor and the government officer hide their identities, because I didn’t ask. I guess that when enjoying alcohol they want to hide their identities.

 In history books, we find that some great persons observed people incognito. In fact, I guess they also just wanted to enjoy alcohol as an ordinary citizen. It is possible to imagine that only persons who could enjoy alcohol like this could achieve their great works.

 The persons who drink sloppily next to you in a bar could be great posts incognito.

Picture by palto

No comments:

Post a Comment