Saturday, August 15, 2026

My Story Returned to Me

I post my stories almost every week. I originally shared these stories with my theatre friends during breaks. Some of my friends said, “You are the most attractive actor during our break time.” That was not a compliment.

One day, a friend of mine was narrating a story during one of our breaks. The story was actually my story. I had narrated it to another theatrical group before. He told the story as if he were the one who had experienced the situation. So my story came back to me. Frankly, it was more interesting and more sophisticated than mine. I smiled and listened. I wasn’t angry. I reckoned that, if my story had spread, it must have been interesting.

There are similar folktales around world. Some of them could be born spontaneously in different places. Some could spread from one place to other places. These kinds of stories are likely to be localized and sophisticated.

If I were a professional storyteller, this could be a problem. But fortunately, I didn’t care about profit or loss.

When I read social media, I see the same content posted in different forms by different posters. The repeated content is very interesting. Everyone wants to post it in their style. I think there should be good ways for the original poster to get some benefit.

 Japanese

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by MIWA

No comments:

Post a Comment