Friday, August 28, 2026

A New Type of Cucumber

I eat vegetable salad at every dinner for my health. One day, my wife had to work until nighttime. She is a stage lighting artist. People who work in theater need to work late.

I prepared my dinner by myself. Of course, I made my salad. I love to put cucumber in my salad. I found a strange cucumber in our refrigerator. I thought it might be a new type of cucumber. Maybe my wife bought it for me. I felt it might be supergood for my health. I added the cucumber to my salad.

My salad was ready. I ate it up. The new type of cucumber was harder than the old type of cucumber I knew. But it was delicious.

The next day, my wife had a day off. When she was at home at dinner time, she would prepare our dinner. So she started to cook our dinner. Then she asked me, “Do you know where the zucchini is?”

I had never seen that kind of vegetable. I answered, “I don’t know. Maybe it is under or behind something.”

My wife solved the mystery. The criminal was me. I had eaten up the zucchini, thinking it was a cucumber. Oh! That was the zucchini!

Let me tell you some very important information. If you heat zucchini, it is more delicious. But you can eat raw zucchini. I am living proof of this.

Japanese

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by T.H

No comments:

Post a Comment