Thursday, February 1, 2024

Mysterious Café


 

It was over thirty years ago. One day I visited a café. I ordered a cup of coffee. In the café, there were no other visitors. There was just one waitress. I was the only visitor there, as if the café had been reserved by me. The waitress then brought me curry and rice.

I should have said, “Excuse me. I ordered coffee, not curry and rice,” but I couldn’t because I smelled the curry and felt hungry.

I didn’t say anything. I silently ate the curry and rice. The waitress didn’t say anything either.

I wondered about the payment. I checked the check. It read, “Coffee — $3.” I brought the check to the checkout counter. The waitress asked me for $4. The curry and rice were $7.

Was I lucky or unlucky? I had just paid $4 for curry and rice. Maybe I was lucky. However, I had paid $4 but couldn’t drink a cup of coffee. Maybe I was unlucky too. Still, if someone brings you curry and rice, you wouldn’t resist eating it.

ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by Minoru Mizuno

 

No comments:

Post a Comment