Friday, March 3, 2023

Jogging in Germany

 


 

When I was young, I jogged almost every day.

Once, I traveled to Kiel in Germany. I jogged in the morning. When I jogged, I saw a beach. I thought that jogging on the beach might be fun. I then started jogging on the beach.

There was a rocky stretch. At that time, I was in my twenties. I assumed I could jump from rock to rock easily, but I found it very difficult. Somehow all the rocks jutted upward. I couldn’t jump from rock to rock. I couldn’t even walk on the rocks.

I climbed and went down one rock to another rock. I knew I had to retreat and find a different way, but I was a reckless young man. I believed I could accomplish it. I tried for a while. Then a man called me from the land.

The land side of the rocky stretch was surrounded by barbed wire. The man invited me to a door leading through the barbed wire. The inside was a lawn. The man led me to the opposite side of the rocky stretch. That way, I could continue my jogging on the sandy beach.

At that time, I had no idea about this incident. Now I understand that I was in a military base in Germany. Kiel was a famous naval port. The rocky stretch was not a natural scene. The rocks had been put there for defense. Of course, I couldn’t walk on the rocks. They were designed for this.

The inside of the barbed wire revealed a base. There might have been secrets. I should not have trespassed there. The man who had invited me might have been a soldier. He didn’t wear a military uniform. Officially, he should not have invited me inside.

I should not have done that. If it was a different country or a different time, I would have been in a dangerous situation. I had tried to trespass a military base. It might have been an act of suicide. It was the 1990s.

I wish for lasting peace. In a peaceful world, even if a foreign man tries to trespass a military base, a soldier invites the man inside. I pray for world peace.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by iimages

No comments:

Post a Comment