Saturday, March 18, 2023

Army of Apes



 

When I was a child, I had a favorite Japanese TV drama, Army of Apes. The main characters were human, but they traveled a world dominated by apes. I vaguely remember the beginning and end of the drama.

A few years later, I saw the American movie, Planet of the Apes, on TV. It was very similar to the TV drama. I assumed the American movie had stolen the Japanese idea because I had known the Japanese idea for a few years.

As you know, I was wrong. The truth was the complete opposite. The Japanese drama stole the idea from American movie. The movie company didn’t sue the Japanese drama company. The latter were lucky.

Dear creators, you should not steal someone else’s idea! However, I’m probably not the best person to give that piece of advice.

Once, I worked as a scriptwriter for stages and games. I confess: When I was young, I stole someone’s ideas for my work. I didn’t realize it was a crime. Those were my favorite materials. I assumed they were parts of me. I was lucky no one sued me. My works have never achieved monetary success. So perhaps I wasn’t worth enough to justify taking me to court.

Now I really care about original creation.

Dear creators, we have to look over our works carefully. Even if no one sues us, plagiarism leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by Morevector

No comments:

Post a Comment