Friday, February 17, 2023

My Student Was a Magician



 My mother ran an English school for children in our house. I didn’t succeed at it, but sometimes I held English classes for adults.

One of my students was a magician. He needed to study English to perform his magic abroad. His magic was not the Western style. His magic was the traditional Japanese style. I didn’t know there were magic traditions in Japan. He was popular in English-speaking countries.

He needed a very specialized form of English for magicians. He was a professional magician, and his magic was great. We searched for and studied the most effective expressions for his magic together. Yes, I am a good teacher!

One day I asked him a question: “How do you do this magic?”

However, he didn’t answer. Why? Students need to answer teachers’ questions honestly. He said he didn’t have a choice. Magicians have a strict rule. They can’t tell the secrets of their magic except to other magicians. Even a teacher can’t be told these secrets. If I really needed to know these secrets, I had to be his pupil. I needed to be a magician myself.

Teachers always play losers’ parts. We just teach something. In most cases, teaching materials are not secret.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by KIMASA

No comments:

Post a Comment