Friday, February 3, 2023

TGIS



When I lived with my mother, who had Alzheimer’s disease, I always looked forward to the day I left her for the short stay.

One day, after I saw off my mother’s ride to the short stay, I did a fist pump and shouted, “Yahoo!” One of the neighbors saw it. I was embarrassed.

Sometimes I hated myself. I should not have been happy because I left my mother, but I changed my mind. Even a person who studied hard and got an ideal job might look forward to the holiday “TGIF.” Japanese people call it “floral Friday.” Everyone loves a holiday.

Caregiving to my mother was not my ideal job. I didn’t have a choice. I loved and respected my mother, but it didn’t mean I could give her unlimited caregiving. I could enjoy my vacation. I should enjoy my holiday. “Thank God it’s short stay.” TGIS.

Dear friends who are giving care to their families, you need vacations. You are doing a great job. You should be proud of it. You should confidently enjoy your holiday.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by Kawashi

No comments:

Post a Comment