Friday, November 5, 2021

Traditional Sports

 


 

When an elderly person falls down, it can be a tragedy. Elderly people easily break their bones. My mother had Alzheimer’s disease. She fell down many times, and she broke her bones many times. I experienced a great deal of hardship taking care of her.

             On the other hand, my father, my grandmother and my great aunt have never had any serious falls. I wonder what is the different between them. We should not jump to conclusions, but I guess it could be the sports they did when they were young.

My mother did not play any sports, while my father was a kendo player. Kendo is a Japanese traditional martial art of swordsmanship. My grandmother and my great aunt played kyudo, which is Japanese traditional archery. I studied kendo a little. The foot movements in kendo are unusual. I have never played kyudo, but I have heard it requires good posture. I suspect these traditional sports include techniques to avoid falling down in their training procedures.

I was a member of a drama club when I was young. I bet that when I am older, I will fall down easily like my mother. I wish that I had studied traditional sports when I was young.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by teltel-woo

No comments:

Post a Comment