Saturday, November 27, 2021

Light-Emitting Clock



 

I took care of my mother who had Alzheimer’s disease for fourteen years, during which we lived in the same house.  One of the most difficult aspects of living with an Alzheimer’s patient is that the caregiver can’t sleep well. My mother often woke up in the middle of night and caused trouble. In those days, my wife and I never got enough sleep.

Whenever we woke up, we would look at the clock as soon as possible. We were afraid that, because we’d slept at an unusual time, we had overslept and might be late for an important engagement. Oversleeping was the worst excuse for being late. It could harm our reputation.

In those days, I was always searching for a light-emitting clock. If our clock emitted light in the dark, we could know what time it was. I looked for that kind of clock in many shops and online. But I couldn’t find one.

We finally found a solution. We bought a digital photo frame that had a clock mode. It emitted light. We hung the frame on the wall in our bedroom. We could tell what time it was even in the middle of the night.

Now that we have put my mother in a nursing home, we sleep well every night. But we still use the digital photo frame/clock. We recommend it to you…

I have just checked on the internet. They’re selling light-emitting clocks at low prices. Inventions always come too late.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment