Saturday, October 9, 2021

Green Onion and Dishwashing Liquid


 

 When I was in my twenties, I lived alone. I used to cook by myself.

One problem in single life is wasting food. I bought vegetables but I couldn’t eat them all. I would put them in the refrigerator, but they would easily go bad. I didn’t want to waste food.

 I was most concerned with green onions. I loved miso soup, but it only needed a few pieces of them. I needed to throw away most of them.

 A TV program informed me that if I wanted green onions to last long, I should not keep them in the refrigerator. Instead, I should arrange them in a vase. It would make them live and keep them longer. I started to arrange green onions in my vase.

 Another TV program told me other information. If you want to keep the flowers long, you should add dishwashing liquid to the water in the vase.

I adopted both ideas. I kept my green onions in my vase. In the vase, there was dishwashing liquid mixed with water. I believed I could keep my green onions very long.

Then dinnertime came. I made miso soup. I pulled a green onion from the vase. I chopped it and put it in the pan. It caused a surprising phenomenon. My miso soup made tons of bubbles. They overflowed from the pan.

It was natural. Mixing dishwashing liquid in water is for ornamental plants, not for food. The green onions contained dishwashing liquid. If you boiled it, it would make many bubbles.

I didn’t want to waste my miso soup, so I ate it. It tasted like dishwashing liquid. More precisely, the taste was artificially bitter. I don’t recommend it. It made me sick.

I always made these kinds of mistakes when I was in my twenties.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by Paprika

No comments:

Post a Comment