Saturday, August 21, 2021

The Best Joke

 


 

 A few years ago, I was riding an ambulance as a patient. I was brought to the ICU of a hospital. I lost consciousness for a week. I had a narrow escape. The following week, sometimes I recovered consciousness, sometimes I lost it. I experienced a strange world where reality and dreams mixed.

 At that time, I finally thought up the best joke. The joke might make all the people in this world laugh.

 As you know, jokes are effective in a narrow scope. A joke could make young people laugh. But the same joke might make old people angry. A joke could make men laugh. But the same joke may be offensive to women. The reverse is also true. Exporting and importing a joke is also difficult. I sometimes worked as a translator. I found it difficult to translate jokes. It was difficult to find a joke that made everyone all over the world laugh.

 At that time, I finally found the best joke at the risk of my life. I thought, I have to get out of the hospital and make everyone laugh as soon as possible. Then I lost consciousness.

 The next time I recovered consciousness, I had forgotten the joke. I remembered that I had thought up a joke, and then I tried to remember it. Then I lost my consciousness again.

 This is bad news to you. I am leaving the hospital now. I had completely forgotten the joke.

 I think I will remember the joke when I have to face death in the future again.

Picture by freehand

Proofreading by  ProofreadingServices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment