Friday, March 6, 2020

Way of Using Chopsticks

 

 We, Japanese, basically use chopsticks. There is a right way to use chopsticks, but some of us don’t know how.

 Once I read an interview article. In the article, a Japanese CEO said, “I will never hire a person who uses chopsticks the wrong way. Their parents had tried to educate them on how to use chopsticks correctly, but they refused to accept the education. Educating this kind of people is a waste of time.”

 When I read this article, I thought the CEO was stupid. I know many excellent people who use chopsticks in a unique way. There are many examples in different fields. Some had done a great achievement differently from the traditional way. We should not evaluate people just because of how they use chopsticks.

 I talked to one of my friends about this idea. His response was an unexpected one:

“What? The company gives opportunity to have a meal with the CEO before the job offer?”

 He was a jobseeker during the financial crisis in 2008.

 The CEO may be stupid, but at least the company is careful about employment.

Picture by Omori Yamori

No comments:

Post a Comment