Saturday, November 2, 2019

Linear Motor Train

 

 In 2005, we had the World Exposition in our prefecture. We had linear motor trains from our city to the venue. The linear motor train line is still running. We call it “Linimo.”

 A few years later, I shopped near the terminal station of Linimo. I told a shopkeeper, “This area has changed so much. I hope it would develop more and more.”

The shopkeeper answered, “It must be developing. Because some people had to face tragedies.”

I was shocked. I only recognized the bright side of the World Exposition; I had never thought about its dark side. I was curious and asked the shopkeeper, “What do you mean? What happened around here?”

Then the shopkeeper surprisingly looked me and said, “Are you a journalist or something?”

I told him I was not a journalist, but I still asked him about the tragedies. But he stopped talking. He didn’t say another word to me.

 Dear journalists! There is an issue you need to report!

Picture by 8suke

No comments:

Post a Comment