Saturday, October 19, 2019

Conversation Partner

 


 In 1998, I studied in California.

My university had a conversation partner system. Each overseas student introduced a local student who wants to study foreign language. We taught our own language to our partners.

My conversation partner was Ms. V. She was a beautiful girl.

One day, she invited me to a wedding ceremony because she would be a veil girl. Of course I attended. I was so excited to attend a wedding ceremony abroad. I bought a new formal suit for it.

Most Japanese love wedding ceremonies in churches. But most of the time, the church is not a real church. Even more, the priest is not a real priest in Japan. Sometimes, the priest is a foreign actor who pretends to be a priest. So I believe that was my first time to attend the real wedding in a real church with a real priest. It was a great experience.

Finally, the bride and groom arrived in the church. Behind the bride, Ms. V followed. But I was confused. There were two Ms. Vs behind the bride.

I didn’t know she had a twin sister.

 After the ceremony, I told Ms. V, “I didn’t know you were twins.”

 Surprisingly, she denied it. “No. We are not twins.”

 I couldn’t understand what she was talking. She continued, “We are triplets.”

 She introduced her two sisters to me. I was surprised twice.

Picture by Kintomo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment