Friday, April 19, 2024

Towel


In my parents’ house, the rules about towels were very simple. We used “dusters,” “towels,” and “wiping rags.” We wiped the table with a duster. We cleaned the floor with a wiping rag. Towels had various uses and didn’t belong in any category.

When I married my wife, I was surprised because she had complicated rules about towels. There was a separate towel for the bath, the sink, the kitchen, and the toilet. The design of each group of towel has unity. I had to memorize which towels belonged to which groups. I couldn’t use a kitchen towel in the sink. When I did laundry, I had to keep the towels separate depending on which group they belonged to.

If I made a mistake, my wife scolded me: “How many times do I have to tell you?!” It was difficult for me. I have never paid attention the design of any towels. For wiping the table and floor, she never used cloth. She used disposal paper towels.

After a few years, my wife held up a kitchen towel and said to me: “This towel is too old. You can use this after bathing.”

I protested: “I want to use a new Imabari towel after bathing!”

Some people say that Imabari towels are the best towels in Japan.

I said this as a joke. But my wife actually bought Imabari towels for me.

We have been married for twelve years. Even now, I use an Imabari towel after bathing.

I recommend that you use Japanese Imabari towels. They are the best towels. They are extremely soft, but a bit expensive.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by Kaeru WORKS

No comments:

Post a Comment