Saturday, October 14, 2023

School Uniform

 When I was a student, Japanese junior and senior high schools were in crisis. Some students were quick to use violence. There were many hooligans in schools. I read an article in a newspaper that said some high school students had a party and drank alcohol in a bar and were caught by police in my city.
 I don’t know if we have the same rules even now or not. When I was a high school student, my city prohibited teenagers from being outside at night. Teenagers couldn’t go out without a guardian at night. If teenagers were found on the street at night, police would catch them.
 I was a member of the drama club during high school. Sometimes I watched semi-professional plays. Most of their performances started from 7 p.m. My school was located far from downtown, so I didn’t have time to go back home to change my clothes. I went downtown wearing my school uniform. Most of the performances were about two hours long. I needed to be downtown at night.
 One day, after watching a performance at a theater, I took a subway to go home. A group of young men called out to me. They were my naughty classmates. They looked like adults because they wore mature clothing. Maybe they were worried about being caught by the police. They were excited and said, “You are great! You are enjoying nightlife wearing your school uniform!”
 It could be so. Watching a play might be enjoying nightlife.
 After that day, all of the naughty students at my school tended to respect me.
 I was a super naughty student. I enjoyed nightlife downtown in my school uniform. I have never been caught by the police.
Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com
Picture by Minoru Mizuno

No comments:

Post a Comment