Saturday, June 3, 2023

The Guard in Osaka



 Osaka is the second city in Japan. I had lived there for six years. I love Osaka.

 One of my early days in Osaka, I was looking for the Washington hotel. In those day, no one had smart phone. If you lost your way, you needed to ask the people around there.

 I asked the people there. But that was near from Shin-Osaka station for the Shinkansen. Unfortunately, most of people around Shin-Osaka station were travelers. They said “I am not a local person here”. So, I couldn’t find where it is. I walked around. I found a guard. I thought “he is working here as a guard. He might be a local person here”. Then I asked him. He answered.

“It is difficult to say.”

 I couldn’t understand. I asked him again.

“I am talking about the Washington hotel. It might be a huge building. Is that located some complex place?”

He pointed out the building in his back and spoke.

“This is the Washington hotel.”

 He was a guard for the Washington hotel. I was already there. It might be difficult to point it out to me.

 If you watch TV in Japan, you will watch many comedians from Osaka. Generally, people in Osaka love humor. This is one of reasons I love Osaka.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by Mon-chan

No comments:

Post a Comment