Saturday, July 23, 2022

The Doctor Who Spoke in the Kansai Dialect



 

 A few years ago, I was in the hospital. I was hovering between life and death due to an illness. Before I recovered full consciousness, I experienced many things; I can’t tell if they were real or dreams.

 One of the experiences was that I was treated by a doctor who spoke the Kansai dialect. I was in the ICU. A team of doctors treated me. I remember clearly that there was a doctor who spoke the Kansai dialect on the team.

 While I was unconscious, they put a feeding tube in my nose. After I woke up, I started eating. But at first, I couldn’t eat much. I left most of my meal on my plate. My condition got better day by day. One day, finally, I finished my entire meal. I reported to the doctor. The doctor praised me in very strong Kansai dialect. That was the last time I saw him.

 After I was discharged, I went to the hospital once a month. One of the team doctors tested me. One day, I asked him about the doctor who spoke in the Kansai dialect. I wanted to say hello to him because I remembered he was especially nice to me. But the doctor couldn’t understand whom I was talking about. He said there was no doctor on the team who spoke in the Kansai dialect.

 I was surprised. The doctor did not exist? He was a dream? He might be a ghost.

 I had been in Kansai for six years. It might be possible to think that an excellent Kansai doctor’s ghost came to the crisis of my life and saved me.

 Dear friends in Kansai! Please help me if I am ever again in crisis in the future!

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by tama

No comments:

Post a Comment