Saturday, March 19, 2022

King of Cows



 

              When I was a university student, I stayed with dairy farmers for a short term. I took care of the cows.

              Most of the cows were gentle. They were not interested in me—except for one cow. The cow always growled at me when I approached it. Cows are bigger than humans. When the cow growled at me, I was really scared. I assumed that the cow was the king of the group of cows. The cow might have been on the lookout for strangers to protect the herd. It might have been the duty of the boss.

              I talked about my idea to the farmers. They started to laugh. Actually, it was the complete opposite. One farmer said that a herd of cows has a strict ranking. The cow who had growled me belonged to the lowest rank in the herd. The cow was challenging me. The cow insisted that I was at a lower rank than her.

              I later experienced similar things in human society. Some people tended to put on airs in front of rookies. In most cases, people were looked down upon in communities.

 

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by freehand

No comments:

Post a Comment