Saturday, February 5, 2022

Single-Use Suit

  



             A friend of mine taught at a university. When I published a book about caring for my mother who had Alzheimer’s disease, she invited me to her class as a guest speaker.

             My job did not require me to wear a suit at the workplace, but I wanted to buy a nice suit for this. It was a good opportunity to have a nice suit, so I bought a really good one.

             I spoke in front of her students, who shoulder hopes for Japan’s future, with a brand new expensive nice suit. Having a nice suit was great. It gave me confidence. If I had an opportunity to visit some official place, I could come with the suit and confidence.

             Short after that, I spent a month in a hospital. I lost a lot of weight. I had been a tubby type, so that was good change for my health. But that expensive suit would never fit me anymore. If I wore it, I would look like a gangster from an old movie.

             Now, I have kept that weight off. If I maintain my weight, the suit could be a single-use suit. I don’t want gain weight again, for the sake of my health.

             Either way, I didn’t waste the money. I invested in making a good impression on the students, who are Japan’s future.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by aarrows

No comments:

Post a Comment