Friday, January 14, 2022

My Impression



A few years ago, I passed out at home. My wife called an ambulance, and I was admitted to a hospital. I was in the intensive care unit and was completely unconscious for a week. Sometime the next week, I regained consciousness, having had a narrow escape. Thanks to the doctors and nurses at that hospital, I became almost fine a few weeks later.

One day, when a doctor and I were chatting, the doctor said to me, “I couldn’t have imagined that you were the talkative type.”

I was shocked. I am the talkative type. All of my friends know it. How could someone assume something like that?

When I had met the doctor, I was in a coma. I didn’t have any expression on my face. He knew my “real” face. Depending on how he had seen my real face, my appearance would have looked reticent.

I am an adult, so I do know the meaning of the saying “Silence is golden, and speech is silver,” but my impression could be reticent to anyone. From now on, I should actively speak to everyone. I don’t want to be thought of as the reticent type.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by Ichiro Kamiya

No comments:

Post a Comment