Saturday, June 12, 2021

Bingo

 


 

 Before the pandemic, every week, I visited the nursing home where my mother lived. My mother has Alzheimer’s disease.

 One day, when I visited the nursing home, they were playing bingo, but I was surprised to find that the atmosphere was totally different from that of the usual bingo game. No one was greedy.

 At that time, it was already difficult to communicate with my mother. She put the bingo sheet on her table. Even though her number had been called, she didn’t react. I checked her sheet. She had won bingo, but she was not interested in it. Half of the participants were almost the same as my mother.

 The caregivers supported them every time a new number was picked up. I was filled with gratitude for the caregivers. They were busy just taking care of the patients. Even more, they were trying to amuse the patients.

 I just want to find a simple game that even Alzheimer’s disease patients can enjoy.

Picture by RetroClipArt


No comments:

Post a Comment