Saturday, May 22, 2021

Grim Face

 

 I was a part-time actor. I know some professional actors, but most of my friends are part-time actors. They had to have other actual jobs for a living.

 I know an actress who was working for a first-class company as a full-time worker. In my impression, she was always smiling. She was a mild-mannered person.

 One weekday afternoon, I saw her in a subway car. She was reading some documents. I approached her to say hello but decided against it, as she looked really focused on the documents. Her face was so grim as if I couldn’t recognize the same person.

 I thought being an actress and being a full-time worker for a first-class company were very hard. During work time, she needed to really concentrate on her job.

 Afterward, I met her at a theater. She was the smiling person I knew. I realized the smiling face was really valuable. I didn’t mention that I had seen her in the subway.

 To be a smiling person, we sometimes need to have a grim face.

Picture by a.otsuka

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

 


No comments:

Post a Comment