Friday, February 8, 2019

The Two Professors and the Suit

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When I was still a graduate student, I basically wore casual clothes and worn-out shirts and jeans in the university.
One day, Professor A scolded me. “You are a graduate student, not just a student. You should wear suit and tie!”
I didn’t have any particular interest in what I wear, so I bought suits and ties. I started to dress formally in the university.
However, one day, Professor B scolded me. “Don’t try to look good! If you have money to spend on the clothes, you should buy books and should study!”
 I could understand what Professor A and B said. I really respect both of them. As a result, I wore suit and tie when I met Professor A, and I wore worn-out casual clothes when I met Professor B.
 Professor A and B taught me a very interesting lesson: if an adult male, like me, is dressed formally or casually, the reactions of the people I have just met the first time are completely different, especially in daytime during weekdays. Sometimes, the results are good. Sometimes, they are not. If only I can balance formal and casual wear effectively, it would be very convenient.
Picture by maimu

No comments:

Post a Comment