Sunday, March 13, 2016

What happened to a bully?



YAKUDOSHI is a Japanese traditional idea that 42-year-old men must be careful because many bad things will happen at that age. So some places have special festivals to avoid bad things. It depends on the area but most festivals are organized by people who are 42 years old.

 My town also has a festival of this kind. I took part in the festival a few years ago. I met many old friends I had not met since junior high school. All of us have become terrible middle-aged men.

 After a meeting, we had party. Mr. W was next to me and said to me.

“I wish I had been a tender kid when I was a child.”

He was almost crying. I could not understand what he meant at that time.

 But when I thought back 30 years, Mr. W had not been a tender kid. He had been a bully.

 After becoming an adult, he took over his father’s office in this town. What happened in the small office in this small town? The children who Mr. W used to abuse also took over their parent’s companies and houses. What happened to him?

 This is another side of bullying. People tend to focus on abused children. But bullying is also dangerous to bullies. Abused children will never forget or forgive the bullies. Bullies suffer a lifetime penalty.

 Our next festival is KANREKI (for those aged 60). We will meet at that time. I hope Mr. W will also enjoy that party.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment