Thursday, March 17, 2016

If you smoke, you will be murdered!


 I have tried to quit smoking several times, but never succeeded. I want to succeed someday.

 I started smoking when I had a role in a stage play. I played a smoker. Then after the show, I just couldn’t quit. So I am interested in cigarettes as props in movies or TV dramas. The impression of smoking is changing.

 Once, smoking was cool. Can you believe this? Even Audrey Hepburn smoked on the screen.

 Next, people started to realize smoking was harmful. Only evil people smoked in movies and TV dramas. Smokers were liars, killers, thieves and betrayers. This has been a story pattern in many productions.

 Recently I was watching a new American drama. A main character suggested to a woman to quit smoking but she ignored that. A few scenes later, she was murdered by a villain with a sword. I was surprised. Is this the start of another story pattern? Smoking characters will be murdered!

 As a smoker, I think it is better that smokers are evil people.

Picture: Hanaboo

No comments:

Post a Comment