Friday, September 20, 2024

Actor-Horse


 

              My wife and I visited a stock farm to take a picture with a horse because that year was the year of the horse. Taking a picture with a horse might have brought us good luck.

              We experienced horseback riding and took some pictures.

             I had the opportunity to talk with the owner of the farm. I asked him the question I had always wanted ask: “I have seen many movies and TV dramas related to horses. In them, there are sometimes scenes in which horses fall down. How do they film those scenes?”

              I imagined that the answer might be scary. If a horse falls down in a horse race, that could kill the horse. I prepared myself to hear a scary answer.

He answered: “Some horses can act like that.”

             What a relief. Those horses were different from racing horses, which need to run at top speed. Dogs and monkeys can trick people. Of course, horses can trick people too. They are actor-horses.

              But on TV, movie director Takeshi Kitano said a scary thing: “In the old days, they used stun guns to make horses fall down, but now we cannot do that, because of animal rights.”

             Falling-down scenes used to be scary. I can’t watch old horse movies anymore.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by yod67

 

No comments:

Post a Comment