Sunday, August 11, 2024

Don’t Lump

 When I visited the USA by myself for the first time, I stayed at a B&B. It was economic and also introduced me to a roommate.

 My first roommate was an older Swedish man. I am not familiar with Sweden, but I remembered that I had learned at university that Sweden and Denmark were good at social welfare. I mentioned that as a compliment, but he was not happy to hear it. He said, “Don’t lump Swede and Denmark.”

 When I lived in Osaka, I visited Sakai, which is located next to Osaka. I am from Nagoya. It is different part of Japan. I mentioned differences between Osaka and Nagoya to a person in Sakai.

 He was not happy to hear that. He said, “Don’t lump Sakai and Osaka.”

 Generally, neighbors are similar. But in most cases, they don’t want to be lumped.

 I have an elder brother. His face and voice are similar to mine. But if someone said we had similar personalities, I would be not happy. I would say, “Don’t lump me and my elder brother.”

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by scb13

No comments:

Post a Comment