Saturday, July 15, 2023

Maturity



The “light novel” is a category of Japanese novels. Novels that target the younger generation are considered light novels, and some Japanese animations are based on light novels.

When I was a teenager, the term “light novel” did not exist, but some publishers printed novels for the younger generation. I loved to read those novels.

Once, one of my favorite novelists made a shocking statement during an interview: “If no one dies at the beginning of the story, the product is not interesting.” I thought it was not a good thing to say.

A few decades later, the social media world dawned. I looked for the creators of my favorite animations and novels on social media because I couldn’t find some of their works on TV or in bookstores. Maybe some of them had quit creating. It was possible that some of them were not so popular anymore.

I found some creators’ accounts and followed them. Their statements interested me. I found the account of the novelist who had made the not-so-nice comment. As it turned out, he was always posting pictures of his cat. He would post only cat-related stories. I didn’t know what had happened to him. I guessed he had passed his prime.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by freehand 

No comments:

Post a Comment