Friday, November 11, 2022

Plosive



 

 My father was a hearing-impaired person.

 I was a stage actor.

 Chemistry between us was good. My father couldn’t talk to people without hearing aids. But I was the only person who could talk without hearing aids because I was a stage actor. Stage actors have trained their voices.

 But even I couldn’t make him hear some sounds. These are plosives like the letters “b” and “p.” If the conversation includes those sounds, our communication becomes very difficult. The letters “f” and “d” were also difficult.

 I don’t know if all hearing-impaired persons have the same problem or not.

 In our case, we partially communicate by writing. When I needed to use a plosive, I would write down the word and point out the letter. Then we would continue to communicate verbally.

 I am worried about my old age. Perhaps, I wouldn’t be able to hear plosives too.

 If my dream future, the Star Wars world, comes true, I won’t be able to talk with R2-D2. I think he always talks using plosives.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by cooltree

No comments:

Post a Comment