Friday, June 10, 2022

“Appearing on TV” Scam

 


 

My wife and I lived with my mother, who had Alzheimer’s disease. Once, a Japanese state-run broadcasting station covered us. Our caregiving was broadcast several times on TV. The director informed us about the date when it would be on air beforehand.

One day the director informed us about the on-air date. I told my mother’s friends, other caregivers, and our relatives in Kyusyu. We were in front of the TV at the time. We waited for the program to come on the air, but it didn’t start. Another program was on air. I called the director.

He was surprised and spoke. “It is on air in Tokyo.”

We lived in Chubu. We understood. At that time, it was on air in some areas, but it was not on air in other areas. Of all the areas, Kyusyu and Chubu were not the on-air areas. The director didn’t know that.

I experienced the “appearing on TV” scam. I felt humiliated.

I have many friends who were stage actors. Sometimes they act for TV, but sometimes their appearances could be cut from being aired. When you do something in front of a TV camera, it doesn’t mean you will surely appear on air. Even if you are on air, it doesn’t mean the program will surely air in your area.

If I have a chance to appear on TV next time, I will not tell anybody. I want to secretly appear on TV.

Proofreading by ProofreadingServices.com

Picture by MicroOne

No comments:

Post a Comment