Friday, July 12, 2019

Encounter

 

 At a farewell party of a performance, a person whom I was very interested in was near my seat. The person was so interesting because I couldn’t tell the person’s gender. The person was skinny. The person had short hair and looked like a boy. The person was a crew member of the performance. Most of the crew members wore unisex clothes, so I couldn’t identify the person’s gender from the clothes.

 Once someone said to me, “In those cases, you should watch the person’s hands and neck.” I watched the person’s hands and neck. The person’s hands were bony. I could see the person’s Adam’s apple. But it was possible that it appeared because the person was too skinny. I couldn’t find the conclusive factor.

 I guessed the person might be male. But I wanted to hear the person’s voice first before I make a conclusion.

 The person was not the talkative type. The party was fun, but the person didn’t say a single word. I waited for a long time.

 Finally, the person uttered some words, but the person’s voice was very low. I made a conclusion and said to the person, “I assume you are a girl.”

The other crew members who knew the answer laughed.

 Actually, the person was a lady.

 Now the lady is my beloved wife.

Picture by sanno

No comments:

Post a Comment