Saturday, May 4, 2019

Encouraged by a Homeless Person in the USA

 


In 1998, I was a student in San Francisco.

 I assumed if I studied English in the USA, I could enjoy happy days that involve watching American comedy and dramas. I assumed everything could have a happy ending like major Hollywood movies. Actually there were normal people’s lives. It was simply reality.

 One day, I encountered some trouble. I was depressed. I was homesick. I wondered about going to Japan Town, eating Japanese food and encouraging myself. But I thought it would make me look like a sissy. I just walked around.

 I passed by a homeless person. He turned around to me and said in a very strong voice:

“It’s OK! It’s OK! It’s nothing!”

 He encouraged me because I was almost crying.

 I assumed homeless people did not have jobs. But their job could be finding depressed people and encouraging them.

Picture by Bado international

No comments:

Post a Comment